Are you ready for the sailing? Let’s check it!
You must bring the following items:
- Passport with all the necessary visas if you need them for the journey;
- Insurance, valid for the duration of your trip, suitable for sailing sport;
- Money (perhaps you might need some when visiting ports);
- Medication – if you use any, please bring double the amount for the duration of the journey. Inform the captain on board about your health condition (eg allergies, diabetics) beforehand;
- Clothes and footwear:
- Warm clothes and a hat (it might be cold at night watch on deck);
- Sports footwear with hard soles and a small heel (for climbing aloft);
- Gloves for working on the rigging.
- Personal hygiene products, towel, swimming suit, sun glasses, a sunscreen with high SPF;
- Sleeping bag if possible (there are sleeping bags on board but personal one always better).
Items best left at home: safety equipment (weapons, sprays), valuables, expensive jewellery, hard suitcases.
Some more useful information: